KINI ROUNDUP | Here are key headlines you may have missed yesterday, in brief.
1. New Covid-19 infection cases rose to 122, the second consecutive day that infections have been in the triple digits. There were 70 local or community infections.
2. The Health Ministry urged senior citizens to stay at home even when the conditional movement control order (MCO) comes into force.
3. Six states will not be reopening their economies today and will maintain MCO restrictions.
4. Nurulhidayah, the daughter of Umno president Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, will be charged for violating the MCO on Tuesday.
5. Bersatu president contender Mukhriz Mahathir said the party's best choice is to stand with Pakatan Harapan.
6. Communications and Multimedia Minister Saifuddin Abdullah instructed the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission not to act against Hong Kong-based media South China Morning Post for its report on the arrests of hundreds of migrants in a coronavirus crackdown. However, a police probe is ongoing.
7. Malaysian Media Council pro-tem committee chairperson Premesh Chandran stressed that support from the Communications and Multimedia Ministry is needed in order for the council to become a reality.
8. Three in four journalists in 77 countries have faced official restrictions, obstruction or intimidation in the course of reporting on the Covid-19 pandemic, according to a survey by the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) of over 1,300 media personnel.