NEWS

Covid-19: Death toll now 20

25 Mar 2020, 2:51 pm

Updated 9 d ago

23

A
+
A
-

CORONAVIRUS | A 76-year-old man linked to the Sri Petaling tabligh cluster has become the country's 20th Covid-19 casualty.

Health Ministry director-general Noor Hisham Abdullah in a statement tonight said the senior citizen from Kelantan was identified as Case 780.

"He had attended the tabligh gathering at the Seri Petaling mosque.

"He was treated at the Sultan Ismail Petra, Kuala Krai, Kelantan, from March 18," said Noor Hisham.

The man was pronounced dead at 4.35pm today.

Earlier, Noor Hisham announced that four other deaths were also recorded today and the total number of positive cases as of noon stands at 1,796.

From the total cases, 1057 were traced to the Sri Petaling Tabligh gathering cluster which took place late last month and has become the epicentre of the Covid-19 outbreak in the nation.


Keep up with the latest information on the outbreak in the country with Malaysiakini's free Covid-19 tracker.

Malaysiakini is providing free access to the most important updates on the coronavirus pandemic. You can find them here

Related Reports