NEWS

Altantuya family's RM100m civil suit adjourned to June 24

Bernama

11 Jun 2019, 8:03 am

Updated a year ago

A
+
A
-

The RM100 million civil suit filed by Mongolian model Altantuya Shaariibuu's family over her death in 2006 has been adjourned to June 24.

Justice Vazeer Alam Mydin Meera granted the adjournment in chambers today on the application of the plaintiffs' lawyer Sangeet Kaur Deo.

Sangeet later told reporters that the plaintiffs needed the postponement to retrieve a number of case exhibits that were earlier tendered at the trial.

“The exhibits are likely being kept by the court, because when the trial concluded at the end of 2009, the previous judge had asked the court to keep them,” she said.

On June 4, 2007, Altantuya's father Shaariibuu Setev, his wife Altantsetseg Sanjaa, as well as two of their grandsons, Mungunshagai Bayarjargal and Altanshagai Munkhtulga, sued former police officers Azilah Hadri and Sirul Azhar Umar, political analyst Abdul Razak Baginda and the government.

However, Altanshagai's name was removed as the plaintiff following his death two years ago.

Sangeet also informed the court today that the plaintiffs are going to file an additional affidavit.

The additional affidavit pertains to a media report on a statement by the previous inspector-general of police that the investigation paper on the murder of Altantuya had been sent to the Attorney-General's Chambers.

- Bernama

Related Reports