NEWS

Police get 19 reports over Semenyih by-election campaign

Bernama

21 Feb 2019, 3:12 pagi

Updated a year ago

A
+
A
-

SEMENYIH POLLS | The police received 19 reports and opened three investigations relating to the campaign for the Semenyih state by-election from last Saturday up to 5pm yesterday.

Kajang District Police deputy chief Mohd Sabri Abdullah said one of the investigations was pertaining to giving a ceramah without a permit.

Fifty-one permits for political campaigns had been issued by the Kajang District Police headquarters from nomination last Saturday until yesterday, he said in a statement.

Thirty-two of the permits were for Pakatan Harapan, 15 for BN and four for PSM, he added.

“So far, the security in the Semenyih constituency is under control,” he said.

Mohd Sabri advised the parties contesting the by-election, polling for which is on March 2, to abide by the conditions in the Election Offences Act 1954 during the campaign period.

The Semenyih by-election is a four-cornered contest among Muhammad Aiman Zainali (Harapan), Zakaria Hanafi (BN), Nik Aziz Afiq Abdul (PSM) and independent candidate Kuan Chee Heng.

It is being held following the death of the Harapan assemblyperson, Bakhtiar Mohd Nor of Bersatu, on Jan 11.

- Bernama

Related Reports